Thursday, June 20, 2013

EVEN NOW --26 YEARS LONG --HE IS REMEMBERED


 
 

An article was in the Lake City Reporter this past Sunday -- June 16, 2013 -- which happened to be Father's Day.  My father died almost 26 years ago, and yet, he is still being remembered.  Not just by me, my sisters and my mother.  But others it seems.  Thank you Mr. Williams, whoever you are, for your special gift of words. Mostly though, thank you for remembering.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN by Morris Williams

Dr. Lou Landrum: Both a general practitioner and a general surgeon, he practiced in a time when physicians made home visits.  He was known as being excellent at quickly and expertly diagnosing the cause of an illness and helping people get well.  He delivered countless babies and had "special pricing" for those unable to afford medical care.

He was still doctoring full time at 65 and gave this explanation:

"I keep working because a person has to have a goal to justify his existence on this planet."

I only hope I can live up to his mantra......

 


No comments:

Post a Comment