Tuesday, July 16, 2013

SOY Terrific -- SOY Ingenious -- SOY Worthwhile


     I seldom endorse products by pen, but do occasionally share -- by mouth -- something wonderful I might stumble upon. Well, stumble I did, so sharing by pen I shall….
     On a regular trip to Walgreens with my mom last week we separated for shopping. She had her list: cat litter, magnifying mirror, alcohol (3 bottles), and peroxide. I had no list. The combination of products in her cart looked like some upcoming science project.  I lurked around the aisles while she continued shopping for a few more weird necessities...  
     I have curly –seriously curly –hair. This is not as asset by the way. One of my poodles asked me once. “Why does Mary iron your clothes Sassy, why can't you iron?”
“Well poodle, Sassy only irons her hair.”  Yes, true, I iron my hair every other day. Shocker!

     Any who, I found myself in front of the hair help products, an aisle I frequent: There she it was in front of me -- Remington Wet Straightening Iron --- infused with SOY. It looked so delicious, tempting in its  Eco-packaging, a recycled brown box, inscriped in blue lettering: Patented Soy Infused Plates.

     Okay, I eat soy, drink soy and now my hair could get infused with soy. They had me at hello SOY. I know, it sounds like complete B.S. Seriously, Remington is crazier than me saying that sH**.  BUT, it was patented so it must be sort of something, right? Would they lie?  There was more tease for Prissy too  --“this product DRIES, INFUSES SOY, STYLES all in ONE step. Can you believe it? Me neither. But I bought the sucker home ( $29.99) deciding it was so worth it. My time is too valuable to spend on a head of hair.

      I admit it, I was nervous -- a tiny bit -- afraid it might fry my soaking wet locks. No blow drying first, just straight to the iron –yikes! 

      I calmed my fear with a BIG glass of Chardonnay while I proceeded. Ugh, there was this LOUD hissing sound when the hot blade hit my wet hair. I turned my music up really loud, then the hissing became inaudible. I worked it, piece by piece.  Guess what –HOLY COW –it was true. My hair was softer than ever and stick-straight, PLUS full of yummy soy. Can you believe it? Me neither. Still, if I think it, maybe, just MAYBE, it could be true. I remain Pollyanna.


No comments:

Post a Comment