Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Story


 

 

One of my favorite books is titled, A Million Miles in a Thousand Days, by Donald Miller.  It is a simple book with a profound meaning.

Books can be entertaining, suspenseful, funny, sad or reflective. Some are everything combined. I like the real page-turners myself.  But, who doesnt?

I read a lot.  Some books I forget a day after finishing and others hang on forever.  I know this to be the latter of those two sceneries.
This pretty much sums up the message in his excellent book, the take away without having to read it, though you really should. 

Life is a story and how it is lived makes it either interesting or boring. 

So, Ill live my life in hopes it will be a good story.  Pain, suffering, loss and grief are already in my story.  But, it humbled me and gave me the grace, character and empathy to help others who have and will walk my same path in their own story. I should reach for the stars, even if they are far, far away and seem unreachable.  I will be the protagonist who is fearless and willing to take chances in life, stepping away from my comfort zone and in to the unknown. I already have and I will again.  That's what makes a good story.  Who wants to read the mundane of someone uninteresting, unchallenged and unharmed?  Bring it on life. 
Thank you, Donald Miller.  You inspire me to live in awe of the beauty everywhere and to notice everyone around me. In the end, I hope my life story is worth reading and remembered by those Ive left behind. A page turner, thats what I want.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment