Thursday, August 29, 2013

TINY TREE, GRAND FOREST, & ME

I posted this on Facebook one night, too excited to sleep, after typing the words "The End" to my finsihed manuscript.

After almost four years, three computers, two espresso machines, three writing conferences from LA to NYC, 14 pitched agents and five long and difficult manuscript revisions I am done. It is a good feeling, an accomplishment I never thought I would reach. Thank you to Steve, an accomplished writer and editor who has graciously provided me feedback, confidence and support. A Pushcart 2013 award winner himself, I value his critique of my work.

But, I am wise enough to know-it's just the beginning. My story tree is standing alone, buried in the middle of a huge forest. Now, I have to find a way to show its individuality, and in the eye of the beholder, its worth, as they pause to take a look.
So, above is the little ole tree........


And here is the great, Big FOREST.......

As for ME -- I have read the books, attended the workshops,listened to lectures and studied the craft inside out. I could have chosen law school, maybe medical school. Okay, that's stretching it, I know, I know. But I am a writer at heart-- poetry to my memoir -- and stuff in between. Next, maybe a children's book for me. Hint: my keywords are Sassy, poodles, mutts and parlor. I have it outlined in my head already. For now, I will be busy clearing the path to help others see my tree, standing tall, nourished, and so wanting to be seen and admired.

No comments:

Post a Comment